Sign in to follow this  
Caseyrhe

Power Brakes

New mst cylinder, new brake booster, rebuilt pro valve. 
I bled brakes and had a good hard pedal. Now that engine is running and pulling a vacuum to booster, pro valve is leaking and pedal is mush. 
I’m a little premature posting due to not knowing where exactly valve is leaking due to lack of having someone to hit brakes while I watch. Fluid level was low in reservoir for the front disc. 

31 minutes ago, Caseyrhe said:

Fluid shooting thru warning light sensor. So guess it’s bleeding by top seal

replaced o rings on inner shaft and still does it

another 3 steps back

Are they o rings or seals on the shaft?

Rebuild kit, 25.00

time spent, 4 hours

time for it to leak, first pump

Y’all Ausi’s better watch out, I threw that MF so far once I got it back off it might land down there tonight 

bore was pretty eaten/rotted but gave it a shot 

3 giant steps back, ha ha ha

Pictured is the stock valve body on my stock power disc brake car.  Included is the kit I used when rebuilding.  Aside from the usual no room to work situation a relatively simple affair.  Been a few years but no problems and do have reliable brakes.  Brian     https://www.musclecarresearch.com/valve-kit-wagner

69 PDB Distribution Block 5.JPG

69 PDB Distribution Block 3.JPG

Casey, when I installed the power disc brakes in my 69 Coupe I used an original looking reproduction disc brake proportioning valve & distribution block assembly that I purchased from Tony D. Branda Mustang in Altoona, Pa. I can not tell you the quality of the part since my Mustang is not running yet. Here is a link to the part.

http://www.cobranda.com/19dibrprvaan.html

Thanks Mike. 69/70 are different. I was able to pick up a new one at Summit and will install maybe this week. I like the rag joint bolt screwed in where the switch goes. I did the same when after the first attempt when it was bleeding thru.

If you need a good video on the rebuild check out the WCCC.  Its Cougars but the part is the same.   Just look up the part and the video is there.   He does a great job walking through the rebuild of both parts.