Shep69

Tachometric Relay

Just wondering if anyone is using a tachometric relay for there electric fuel pumps. 
I know they are used in EFI setups like sniper and FiTech but anyone used on on a carb setup.

TIA

It seems a little complicated- why not use a simple roll over/impact switch? Since the fuel pump for a carb is much lower pressure, typically 1/7th of an EFI, the great majority of installations don't use any additional protection.

Here are some of its faults;  

No start: difficulty starting , no power supply to the fuel system components , engine cutting out after a few min. of driving , fuel pump permanently ON . Causes : Loose or melted soldered joints , oxidized outer relay contact terminals , broken relay coil winding wire , burnt diode or resistor , sticky/oxidized main relay energizing contact points .

1 hour ago, Mach1 Driver said:

It seems a little complicated- why not use a simple roll over/impact switch? Since the fuel pump for a carb is much lower pressure, typically 1/7th of an EFI, the great majority of installations don't use any additional protection.

Here are some of its faults;  

No start: difficulty starting , no power supply to the fuel system components , engine cutting out after a few min. of driving , fuel pump permanently ON . Causes : Loose or melted soldered joints , oxidized outer relay contact terminals , broken relay coil winding wire , burnt diode or resistor , sticky/oxidized main relay energizing contact points .

Yeah I’m thinking of going to an in tank pump setup as I’ve done that on the mustang and it works extremely well. 
The pod style OEM pumps are EFI pumps but I was going to use a regulator to control the flow to the carb. No baffles required with those pod setups. 
Maybe I’m over thinking it . I will check out the rollover switch. 
Thanks M1 Driver .