staffy

Global West subframe connectors

Has anyone fitted the Global West sub frame connectors that can share some pics of the install for me please.?

I’m Trial fitting them but the gap on the rear sub frame bracket to rear chassis leaves a fair gap. I know it’s never going to be completely flush as rear frame rail is arched.

How far back did you fit the bracket on the front rail ? (global west appear to suggest you move them to the end of the front frame rail and in any case the e brake cable bracket on pass side restricts where you can put it) 

thanks in advance 

Chris. 

1DA25C16-12B1-4BF9-AB39-6658BCBB8DD3.jpeg

E234B145-1445-440B-B0DE-2DF359C77984.jpeg

82A6DB9A-42BF-4122-AB2B-42C45AF416C6.jpeg

0DB5B0B6-9D47-4800-B79F-DC3B6AD74591.jpeg

D9FE5B5D-981A-4616-8832-2CCB80E26BA8.jpeg

these are the only pics I have from when I had an X junction installed.  The pics were more geared towards the exhaust than capturing the subframes but hopefully you might be able to glean something..  My car was on a lift Tuesday and if I had seen your post earlier, I could have taken pics.  This is from before the accident.  The subframes were the only thing that kept the car from ripping in half

underside.JPG

x junction.JPG

12 hours ago, BigDuke6 said:

these are the only pics I have from when I had an X junction installed.  The pics were more geared towards the exhaust than capturing the subframes but hopefully you might be able to glean something..  My car was on a lift Tuesday and if I had seen your post earlier, I could have taken pics.  This is from before the accident.  The subframes were the only thing that kept the car from ripping in half

underside.JPG

x junction.JPG

Thanks for the insight