Sign in to follow this  
Midlife

Is it hot enough for you?

Being the long time Central Florida resident, I always say a little thanks to the inventors of air conditioning.

My wife attended John B. Gorrie Elementary in Tampa, I believe he resided in Pensacola, which is near the area of a certain person who posts on this forum and is good with electrons.  : )

36 minutes ago, Silverjade said:

Being the long time Central Florida resident, I always say a little thanks to the inventors of air conditioning.

My wife attended John B. Gorrie Elementary in Tampa, I believe he resided in Pensacola, which is near the area of a certain person who posts on this forum and is good with electrons.  : )

I wonder who that could be...

John B.Gorrie was the inventor of mechanical cooling.

BTW, did you know that electrons actually run from ground to positive? 

10 hours ago, Midlife said:

BTW, did you know that electrons actually run from ground to positive? 

You mean Benjamin Franklin was wrong?? Probably got zapped while flying that kite. He thought the lightning rod was his most important invention.

3 hours ago, Mach1 Driver said:

You mean Benjamin Franklin was wrong?? Probably got zapped while flying that kite. He thought the lightning rod was his most important invention.

Nope, he was right. 

Ya, we've been typical hot, 105-109. But our humidity which barely gets out of the teens has been stupid high. The other day we were at 105°, and then the thunder and heavy rain started.