prayers1

Need advise finding a direct fit Aluminum Radiator

Just an update since I’m waiting for parts in the mail.

picked up 2 1/2” bottom perches just like the originals but made just for aluminum radiators by Scott Drake.

took off the thermostat housing, since I forgot which stat I had. To my surprise it’s a 180. My car always ran 195, so I thought that’s what it is. During this venture I found that Cleveland’s need a special plunger on the T-stat to close off the by-pass. Not having that type could of contributed to my over heating symptoms. 

Clevelands run hot by nature, I believe getting a fan sensor at 200 on / 180 off and a 180 thermostat. 

Opinions welcomed!

Not using the hat thermostat for the C WILL run hot as the coolant is not completely passing into the radiator.

Temp sensor should be on eng port. I run the fan controller in the lower rad hose. Having it there controls the temp of coo;ant entering block.

Simple sleeve with a bung that allows the probe to be deep into the coolant flow work well.

9 hours ago, Mach1Rider said:

Not using the hat thermostat for the C WILL run hot as the coolant is not completely passing into the radiator.

Temp sensor should be on eng port. I run the fan controller in the lower rad hose. Having it there controls the temp of coo;ant entering block.

Simple sleeve with a bung that allows the probe to be deep into the coolant flow work well.

If prayers1 uses the water pump port, since that is the water entering the block from the radiator, the fan sensor will also be measuring the coolant entering the block.