newstang

So i was driving on Sunday mindin my own business

I am with you, I know how this can happen.  A similar thing happened to me with steering. This time fate ( or some higher power) was on your side.  So glad to hear of a good outcome to  a potential disaster. 

My "Oh $&!+" moment was driving home from a cruise in with my neighbor who at the time only had a learner permit and getting up to speed to merge onto the highway my throttle linkage got stuck in wide open and I could not slow down.  I (relatively) calmly shut off the ignition and shifted to neutral.  Used my now manual steering and brakes to pull on the shoulder and stop.

He said, I never would have thought of doing that and I replied me neither when I was 15, remember that experience counts for something but don't take it for granted.

I also pointed out that this is harder to do with a newer car because you have things like locking steering columns, etc.

15 hours ago, edwardthomson51@yahoo.com said:

the oh shit moment i had a few years ago with my 70 coupe was getting on the on ramp increasing speed and the hood unlatched and flew straight up and i could not see......thats a 

moment to remember!!!

ed

That happened to my before but not with my Mustang.  Had to roll down the window and drive with my head out the window to pull over.