Sign in to follow this  
rays69mach1

Flowmaster Super 44 mufflers on my 351W Mach1

Nice, I was wondering what mine sounded like.  I have the same exhaust behind Hedman headers. 

When I am playing around like you were I absolutely love the sound but most of the time (stuck in traffic) I wish it was a tad quieter.  

KT

On 8/12/2020 at 8:32 AM, rays69mach1 said:

The system is 2,5 inch dia. stainless steel with stock exhaust manifolds. 

I've got the same exhaust on my 302 vert except inexpensive turbo mufflers. The drone around 2500 RPM is bad, even in a topless car. Do you have any drone issues? I might be interested in your muffler setup.

9 hours ago, 69RavenConv said:

I've got the same exhaust on my 302 vert except inexpensive turbo mufflers. The drone around 2500 RPM is bad, even in a topless car. Do you have any drone issues? I might be interested in your muffler setup.

Sometimes at around 2000 rpm it'll do that.  Keep in mind that this exhaust system will sound a little different on every car because of all the variables involved.

22 hours ago, 69RavenConv said:

I had a drone in mine which was particularly bad up a gentle incline. I have sound proofing on the floor and firewall. About two weeks I took the rear side panels off. Not sure what they're call but the fiberglass ones next to the rear passenger knees. I added think soundproofing behind them and have noticed a dramatic improvement.