Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BigDuke6

I have 4 wheel disk brakes with a booster from Master Power Brakes and it falls short

Recommended Posts

The current MC is a dual bowl reservoir from MP Brakes.  I am also running an electric vacuum pump and have a vacuum can but the pedal still goes soft at low rpm (Have a pretty big cam).  I want better stopping power  

would a Wilwood tandem MC connected to the booster give me better braking?  What about going to manual brakes and running two masters on one pedal ?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jerry,  the tandem is just an inline dual resorvair MC, and uses an proportion valve instead of a bias bar to balance out the rear brakes (so that you don't get overamplification). I do not think the tandem MC provides more force output over the dual MC. I would either go for a manual setup or a Hydraboost setup, but you'll need a new MC either way. A small bore MC for manual brakes, and a the biggest bore MC you can find for a Hydraboost. I've ran Hydraboost, and it's great, but it adds a lot of stuff to the engine bay in form of hydraulic lines, and preferebly a cooler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm making progress on the Mustang again. Probably gonna make a post on my buildthread again soon. My brother's 'cuda is doing great. Got some track time a month ago, first time with the Tremec T-56 and the Edelbrock Pro-Flo EFI, so that was fun. The car worked great all day, but had powerloss at the top end. So we're chasing that one. Think the fuel pump just ran out of juice (electrical that is), so we're trying another relay with much heavier gauge wires.

50158989637_100d96f38b_o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2020 at 8:14 AM, fvike said:

I'm making progress on the Mustang again. Probably gonna make a post on my buildthread again soon. My brother's 'cuda is doing great. Got some track time a month ago, first time with the Tremec T-56 and the Edelbrock Pro-Flo EFI, so that was fun. The car worked great all day, but had powerloss at the top end. So we're chasing that one. Think the fuel pump just ran out of juice (electrical that is), so we're trying another relay with much heavier gauge wires.

50158989637_100d96f38b_o.jpg

That is an awesome picture! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, SM69Mach said:

That is an awesome picture! 

Thanks. I shot the picture on 06.27.2020. As you can see by the snow on the inside of the corner, the track is true to it's name. It's called the Arctic Circle Raceway, ACR for short. The track is located 19 miles south of the Arctic Circle. I live some 71 miles south of the Raceway. There was a lot of snow this winter, and the racetrack is  situated over an old quarry up in the hills. I don't remember the elevation right now. 

At my brother's flickr account you can see all the pictures I took that day.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/joakimvike/

The northernmost corner is also the highest corner on the track. It's called the North Pole. Pictured here.

50158759136_f5efc33429_o.jpg

In the bottom of that corner, a little left of the half-nude man (LOL) is the place where I had my crash with my Mustang.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, fvike said:

Thanks. I shot the picture on 06.27.2020. As you can see by the snow on the inside of the corner, the track is true to it's name. It's called the Arctic Circle Raceway, ACR for short. The track is located 19 miles south of the Arctic Circle. I live some 71 miles south of the Raceway. There was a lot of snow this winter, and the racetrack is  situated over an old quarry up in the hills. I don't remember the elevation right now. 

At my brother's flickr account you can see all the pictures I took that day.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/joakimvike/

The northernmost corner is also the highest corner on the track. It's called the North Pole. Pictured here.

 

In the bottom of that corner, a little left of the half-nude man (LOL) is the place where I had my crash with my Mustang.

 

Those are some great pictures.  Thanks for sharing 

2 things:

1. that CUDA is bad ASS!!

2. WTF ?? HAHA - The track is located 19 miles south of the Arctic Circle - that is a bit crazy to think about.  

 

Hope to get to see yours back on the track soon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2020 at 10:39 PM, SM69Mach said:

 

 

Those are some great pictures.  Thanks for sharing 

2 things:

1. that CUDA is bad ASS!!

2. WTF ?? HAHA - The track is located 19 miles south of the Arctic Circle - that is a bit crazy to think about.  

 

Hope to get to see yours back on the track soon.  

1. Yeah, it's legit.

2. Thanks to the Gulf stream for keeping Norway habitable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2020 at 4:31 PM, fvike said:

1. Yeah, it's legit.

2. Thanks to the Gulf stream for keeping Norway habitable.

And sunny most of the day during the summer.  :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...