v8ford70

WTB Kick Panel air vent cable clip & screw

Wanted Kick Panel air vent just require only the cable holding clip & screw.Require 2 of them.Does anyone have a couple of these or know where I might be able to get hold of them.Cheers Phil

Kick Panel air vent 1.jpg

Kick Panel air vent 2.jpg

Kick Panel air vent 3.jpg

Phil, as far as I remember the clip is a piece of bent sheet metal and the screw is sheet metal screw. Similar to the ones used on heater control cables. If you have the ability to make them yourself, I can take pictures with dimensions of the vents on my 70 Cougar.

On 7/26/2020 at 2:26 AM, aslanefe said:

Phil, as far as I remember the clip is a piece of bent sheet metal and the screw is sheet metal screw. Similar to the ones used on heater control cables. If you have the ability to make them yourself, I can take pictures with dimensions of the vents on my 70 Cougar.

I thought that the hole was for a screw but it may not be ,the clip could have a small tag that goes into the hole & the other end of the clip clips over the top edge of bracket.If you could take a picture of yours & dimensions I may try to make them if I can't pick a couple up.Cheers Phil

1 hour ago, v8ford70 said:

I thought that the hole was for a screw but it may not be ,the clip could have a small tag that goes into the hole & the other end of the clip clips over the top edge of bracket.If you could take a picture of yours & dimensions I may try to make them if I can't pick a couple up.Cheers Phil

Hi Phil, sorry I was wrong; the clip is not a simple bent piece. See pictures below.

But I think you can make a clip like the ones used on heater control cable ends at the heater box or a clip to attach a conduit to wall and secure the cable

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

8 hours ago, aslanefe said:

Hi Phil, sorry I was wrong; the clip is not a simple bent piece. See pictures below.

But I think you can make a clip like the ones used on heater control cable ends at the heater box or a clip to attach a conduit to wall and secure the cable

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

No problem,if I can't find some off wrecked vents  in US I will have to make something as wont find them here in Australia.Cheers Phil 

On 1/12/2022 at 9:29 AM, v8ford70 said:

I'm still trying to get 2 of these clips .Cheers Phil

Phil, I am not sure if you can find those clips separate, you may have to buy the whole vent to get the clip from. Those clip only hold the shield of the cable in place, you can mount a piece a 2x3 cm sheet metal on top of the cable using a sheet metal screw.