Sign in to follow this  
jeff69

Best reproduction parts?

Hey guys I finally got my car moving under it’s own power and now it’s gotta few miles on it I need to address some interior issues.

I order carpet from Summit, ACC brand and it’s horrendous, almost see through thin, can cut with a dull razor blade.

Im thinking I wanna go ahead and order a better one, I also need some interior screws, door lock knobs, sound/heat insulation of some sort and maybe replace the dash pad. Also need some rubber bumpers for under the hood.

Who makes the best Reproduction stuff?

thanks 

3F37B3BA-C0C2-46F7-B51D-64EEC693E3DC.jpeg

B5B58D9B-75B5-4112-83A8-C66633728BE7.jpeg

7AC15C06-C2B0-412F-BDD3-F55F133F4435.jpeg

I got a hell of a deal on an ACC mass backed carpet.  I got a unsolicited add from Eckler's and it had some mustang stuff so I looked close enough to spy a mass backed carpet for $211.   Mine was 50 years old and past due.  Further research led me to find out it was really from ACC and coincided with ACC's part number for their best carpet which is usually sold for about $375.  I took the risk and I am glad I did.  Looks and fit great.  I'm not sure it's still available but if it is you can't go wrong.

Straight from Eckler's invoice: 

Part #                       Description                                                                  Ordered                                                    Subtotal

44-524048-1                  1969 Mustang Fastback Complete Carpet                                 1.00                                                                               211.88

Good Luck,

Kyle T

@Jeff69

It looks like you got the basic ACC carpet.  Everything I hear is ACC is the best but get the looped Mass backed carpet, not the basic.

Other parts are all over the place, Jeff Carpenter makes the best for some, Scott Drake is good for some but not others, window felt is one I hear you have to check carefully, etc.  I keep a spreadsheet of what I need and links to shops with prices for the ones I want.  Sometimes I just make a big wish list on NPD and get it there if their price is good or shop around.  I need carpet so I'll check out that link above.

Unless acc has changed something, their mass backed carpet is no denser than their standard crap carpet. It merely has a stronger backing on it. The best carpet was made by Distinctive Industries, but unfortunately they stopped making carpet so you are stuck with the crappy acc carpet.

1 hour ago, Phils69 said:

Great engine bay. Those shock tower panels look really nice. What the heck is that upper control arm setup your have there on the right side of the pic?????

Agree! I'm guessing it's from Detroit Speed. 

That is one bad ass 69! White never did it for me on our cars. But yours is down right sexy! Where are you located Jeff?