Mountaineerfan

Convertible Frame

The convertible frame for 1969-70 is not reproduced so you will have to track down an original one. They are pretty hard to find and usually sell for 500-2000 from what I’ve seen. The best source I can think of is ebay or a classic mustang salvage yard. There’s a few parts on eBay currently but no full frames. The top off a 1969-70 cougar will also work but is still hard to come by. 

There’s a salvage yard in Tulsa called fraileys that has a bunch of 67-70 cougars they are parting out. They may have one. I’ve been meaning to go by there and see what they have but haven’t had the time. 

You could check with Tim Baxter at Baxter Classic cars in Shell lake, WI.   715 468 4451.  He might have one, but shipping will be an issue. It is worth a call.  Tell him Dan from Minneapolis with a 69 convertible gave you the connection.  

On 7/23/2020 at 12:05 AM, Mountaineerfan said:

Hey, everyone!

I had my convertible top frame crunched in an accident. Insurance is covering all repairs, but we are having trouble tracking down a replacement top frame. The usual sources have 68s, but no 69s. Anyone have a source?

thanks!

I've got a complete convertible power top assy. from a '69 Cougar that has been in dry storage since the mid 80's.   It is located in Skokie, Illinois however I have no interest in trying to ship it.

I looked at your profile and see you are in Georgia so mine is NO CLOSER to you than any of the others mentioned.

Doug

On 7/29/2020 at 9:26 AM, stangs-R-me said:

I've got a complete convertible power top assy. from a '69 Cougar that has been in dry storage since the mid 80's.   It is located in Skokie, Illinois however I have no interest in trying to ship it.

I looked at your profile and see you are in Georgia so mine is NO CLOSER to you than any of the others mentioned.

Doug

Time for a Road trip!  

On 7/24/2020 at 5:55 AM, Mountaineerfan said:

Thanks, everyone! That stinks that they aren’t reproduced!

why would an aftermarket company reproduce something they will rarely sell any parts for and will never come close to recouping their investment back out of?

23 minutes ago, barnett468 said:

why would an aftermarket company reproduce something they will rarely sell any parts for and will never come close to recouping their investment back out of?

Tell that to Jack at DeadNutsOn...