lalojamesliz

Intake and lifter galley gap

hey guys 

What would a normal gap be? No gap?

I put my edelbrock airgap intake on and I have a 1/4" gap on the middle of the intake and oil galley with the  manifold gasket on but the intake isn't torqued down.

I thought I remembered seeing that sometimes the intake won't fit and has to be milled down.  I just can't find that info 

I have a 69 351w block,  afr #1458 205 heads and a 7581 air gap intake

20200721_181941.jpg

An intake install tip:

Using 4 pieces all tread, or a ~3-4" bolts with the head removed, install the pieces in the 4 corner bolt holes. Then slide the intake straight down into place. Easy peasy and properly aligned. You can owe me James :)

Are you around today? I may drop by. 

On 7/22/2020 at 10:39 AM, RPM said:

An intake install tip:

Using 4 pieces all tread, or a ~3-4" bolts with the head removed, install the pieces in the 4 corner bolt holes. Then slide the intake straight down into place. Easy peasy and properly aligned. You can owe me James :)

Are you around today? I may drop by. 

Oh crap sorry, I haven't checked this until today. Yeah I was around ha ha ha

15 hours ago, Mach1 Driver said:
On 7/23/2020 at 7:56 PM, RPM said:

Well, I couldn't find your phone number anyway.  Call me at 380-5964.

whats the area code so we can ALL call you?

661 Terry. Call away, I ain't scared. I think the guy who made a death threat on me in my copper days is dead by now.

Bob, I find word origins interesting- since you  were a copper you probably already know the following, and the term has been in use over 300 years: The term copper was the original, unshortened word, originally used in Britain to mean "someone who captures". In British English, the term cop is recorded (Shorter Oxford Dictionary) in the sense of 'to capture' from 1704, derived from the Latin capere via the Old French caper.

And capers are good on salmon ;)

Interesting indeed. Did you know why the British police officers were called Bobbies? They were named after the first policeman, Sir Robert Peel, who started their department. There will be a test on Friday :)

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Interesting indeed. Did you know why the British police officers were called Bobbies? They were named after the first policeman, Sir Robert Peel, who started their department. There will be a test on Friday :)

No, I didn't. That's interesting

And now for the rest of the story...

Why are police called pigs?

The term pigs, in reference to police officers, comes from England’s underground criminal slang and shows up in the early 1800s. It refers to pigs as vile creatures that take more than their share, akin to police officers who would take the illicit gains of thieves for themselves.