Her69fastback

High build primer & self etching primer.

Getting ready to do the bodywork on the car. Going to strip it to bare metal. What’s everyone’s opinion on the best self etching primer & high build primer with no shrink back? The easiest to sand would be great. Thanks for the help. 

Clausen Z-Chrome Rust Defender is one of the best high build poly primers we've ever used.  Great for locking down all your bodywork and it has a "self guide coat" feature that makes leveling panels quite easy.  Once it's flat, it takes primers, surfacers, etc. really well.  PPG is the standard here for everything after that.

PPG for me, DP epoxy and then high build. But don't fool yourself, ALL high build primers shrink as they cure reveling underlying imperfections. A bit of cure time after application and then a repeat wet blocking followed by a good quality sealer will  work best.  Drying is not the same as curing...….JMHO

I have used z chrome on boats bikes cars and trucks. PPG or Dupont over it. Once it cures, its never going to change. I did a body restoration on a 54 corvette, did entire body inside and out with z chrome. This was 18 years ago. Car still looks new today. It is the only way to go.