staffy

69 Restomod (UK)

Good Evening all.

My name is Chris, I live in the U.K. and here is my plane Jane ‘69 mustang fastback.

plan is lightly restore it and a light restomod; 408 or 427, street or track front suspension, Subframe connectors, upgraded Leather interior,  led vintage air, A/c  Etc 

I bought it from Virginia to over here to the U.K. about 18 months ago, strip down has started.

I’ll post regular updates as work progresses

Chris 

5866EF31-25BC-4CEA-9482-ECD044B729ED.jpeg

A022760D-1597-49B5-8978-53463D0B54CB.jpeg

B835C24C-514B-4140-AC94-2A2594D4CDCF.jpeg

4CC0390C-A5E1-49E7-A6F3-B49B698074B9.jpeg

9DB41290-1D34-4342-AB8E-EB544B906F51.jpeg

20 hours ago, bigmal said:

Very nice, but are you sure those pictures are in the UK. That's blue sky. 

17 hours ago, RPM said:

Quit stealing all our damn cars!  :)

Just pulling your chain. Welcome to the forum Chris. Nice work on the 70. But I'm with the others on the blue sky. 

20 hours ago, bigmal said:

Very nice, but are you sure those pictures are in the UK. That's blue sky. 

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, yes it’s hard to believe we do get sun in the U.K. on occasions.!

i live as far as south  as you can get in U.K. literally as close to `France as you can get across the English  channel, and we do get more sun here then rest of The U.K., which is saying a lot, lol.

9 hours ago, JET 445 said:

How the hell did you lift that car high enough to get it on that rotisserie ?. The underseal seems to have done it's job, the floor looks very nice.

I bet he used the two post lift seen on first and second pictures in front of the rotisserie. :)

Update, started to take a closer look at Sheet  metal. In summary 3 main points;

1-inner fender pieces, LHD and RHS to replace as hood hinge fixings missing on both sides 

2-LHS frame rail, firewall and floor, find the odd pickle point, so cutting out floor.

less on RHS but going to cut that out when LHS done.

3-front rad core  support piece, nr RHS top bit crusty And looks like a small fender bender in past  so replacing whole unit with RHS inner fender panel as battery tray is rotten from below 

aside form that the car is solid.

getting parts in U.K. proving really difficult, having to order via  and circa  6 week delay and driving me mad eg global west subframe connectors ... joys of owning a US car over here in U.K. 

3C7CC39D-37D1-4A77-A831-BB41636079E2.jpeg

D187CF6F-9435-46B1-AA1D-2247CD3A31CC.jpeg

On 8/14/2020 at 4:15 PM, fvike said:

Welcome to the forum! Is there some kind of special equipment on the car since it got 2 vacuum canisters? 

Thanks and it has A/c and Tilt Column, hence 2 canisters