Kris

Accelerator linkage hardware

I seem to have lost the hardware to attach the accelerator pedal assembly to the firewall. Does anyone have a picture that shows if it’s bolt and nuts or screws? I looked in my assembly manual and it looks like bolts with no nuts. Searched everyone online and can’t find where anyone list it to see what it looks like. Thanks

This helps me as well.  In my case, the body shop got carried away filling extra holes in the firewall.  Can I get a pic of the entire gas pedal?  I'm trying to figure out where to drill the holes to mount the gas pedal.  Think I  have the general area.

Also wondering what the 2 holes above the gas are for?

15951784124693620936579902284769.jpg

On 7/19/2020 at 1:09 PM, jusatad said:

This helps me as well.  In my case, the body shop got carried away filling extra holes in the firewall.  Can I get a pic of the entire gas pedal?  I'm trying to figure out where to drill the holes to mount the gas pedal.  Think I  have the general area.

Also wondering what the 2 holes above the gas are for?

15951784124693620936579902284769.jpg

This might help you.  

70 Int Firwl Locator.JPG

70 Firewall Locator.JPG

6 hours ago, Mach1 Driver said:

Isn't that for cruise control? Don't know, but mine has AC and no Distro-Vac or cruise.

I was talking about the hole marked as Distro-Vac on the pictures Grabber posted. On my cars the AC controls get the vaccum from one hose from the vaccum tank and vacuum is applied to heater hose valve through the other hose on that hole (you can see the hoses on one of the pictures above). As far as I remember, my 70 Cougar with AC has that hole and Vac tree.