jmlay

AC condensation drain location

My car is not an original ac car but I will be installing aftermarket ac before it hits the road. I'm curious as to where the original drain hole is compared to where caa or vintage suggest. Anyone have ac ac car apart that is willing to take a couple of measurements and maybe a picture or two?

Thanks,Mike

Where is this bracket at? 

Attached photos, I don't know if they show what you want.  They are from under.  I put a tape measure so you could check distance from the weld point of the floor panel to firewall. 

20200620_141910.jpg

20200620_141953.jpg

20200620_142014.jpg

I believe I can figure the hole location from that.

The bracket is attached to the firewall to cowl seam on the driver's side above and to the left of the brake master cylinder.

Actually, there’s one nice clean hole, which I’m pretty sure is for the factory AC drain.  That’s the one I used for the vintage Air system.

For some reason there’s also another very jagged hole that was cut by somebody ...it is definitely not a factory hole.    I’m not really sure why it’s there, but I plugged it with a small rubber body plug

those assembly books I have show the location of the drain hose

I’m a  little concerned about that location because with my Headers and exhaust it’s going
to get pretty hot there.  I’m probably going to swap that rubber hose out and use a piece of braided fuel line, or wrap it with some insulation.

8 hours ago, Vicfreg said:

Actually, there’s one nice clean hole, which I’m pretty sure is for the factory AC drain.  That’s the one I used for the vintage Air system.

For some reason there’s also another very jagged hole that was cut by somebody ...it is definitely not a factory hole.    I’m not really sure why it’s there, but I plugged it with a small rubber body plug

those assembly books I have show the location of the drain hose

I’m a  little concerned about that location because with my Headers and exhaust it’s going
to get pretty hot there.  I’m probably going to swap that rubber hose out and use a piece of braided fuel line, or wrap it with some insulation.

Your drain hose looks too long, it usually sticks out an inch or so like Danno's picture. If you cut yours, it will be away from headers.

Oh, yeah, I will for sure cut the hose.   I have a couple AN bulkhead fittings lying around,  I may use one of them with a 90 degree AN elbow pointed toward the back of the car.

Headers and heat was exactly the reason I was enquiring. After i get it off the rack and by before sending it out for body and paint i guess i better mock it up with drivetrain.