dbmac

Seat track alignment and extenders

Any tips for getting the seat tracks aligned so the seats slide easily? The tracks slide fine on the bench, so I'm thinking they are not quite flat and parallel when in the car. Measured them as close as possible on the seat, but...

And has anyone used the extenders like these: https://www.cjponyparts.com/cj-classics-seat-track-extender-pair-1965-1970/p/STE3/?

$120 for two bars with four holes, two studs, and a slot?

Well its a solid steel bar that is put in a mill then drilled, machined and taped. They probably only do a few at a time so it takes time for the setups and operations. It's not magic if you have the equipment but it isn't stamped out in one hit. You're paying for the labor to turn a solid chunk of steel into something that's useful. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 6/17/2020 at 8:45 PM, dbmac said:

Any tips for getting the seat tracks aligned so the seats slide easily? The tracks slide fine on the bench, so I'm thinking they are not quite flat and parallel when in the car. Measured them as close as possible on the seat, but...

And has anyone used the extenders like these: https://www.cjponyparts.com/cj-classics-seat-track-extender-pair-1965-1970/p/STE3/?

$120 for two bars with four holes, two studs, and a slot?

I used them for my son’s car. They worked fine. I also moved the seatbelt attachment points on the tunnel and rockers back 3 inches. I moved the seat risers back 3/4”. He is 6’6” and now fits in the car. It was a big help.