danno

electric trunk release

I have an electric trunk release I grabbed out of a 83 Crown Vic at a junkyard.  As you might know, these work perfect in a 1967 to 1973 Mustang, Cougar, and other Ford cars.  Bolts right in to the same location as the existing one.  Then run new wires, install the pushbutton, and you are good to go.  One of the simplest improvements that makes driving and using  the car so much easier.   Works fine,  I also put new wires on it.   $60 plus shipping? 

100_0702.JPG

100_0703.JPG

100_0705.JPG

100_0708.JPG

100_0709.JPG

I did this exact mod with the same components. Put my trunk release button hidden under the underside of the passenger binnacle. It's so convenient not to have to jack with different keys now.

On 6/14/2020 at 3:08 PM, danno said:

I have an electric trunk release I grabbed out of a 83 Crown Vic at a junkyard.  As you might know, these work perfect in a 1967 to 1973 Mustang, Cougar, and other Ford cars.  Bolts right in to the same location as the existing one.  Then run new wires, install the pushbutton, and you are good to go.  One of the simplest improvements that makes driving and using  the car so much easier.   Works fine,  I also put new wires on it.   $60 plus shipping? 

100_0702.JPG

100_0703.JPG

100_0705.JPG

100_0708.JPG

100_0709.JPG

Still have this?

Very interested 

On the weekend I finally got around to fitting the intermittent wiper module I bought  from you two years ago. Took about ten minutes. I can’t believe I kept putting it off. And it works great. Thanks Danno.