Sign in to follow this  
Kris

Headlight bucket fitment

I’m having a problem getting my passenger side headlight buck to line up. The drivers side went on with no issues. They are both OEM as are the fenders. When I get the top lined up the bottom is 1/4” off to the fender as you can see in the picture. I don’t want to put that much filler on there. The only thing I can come up with is to cut the spot welds on the lower fender and push it in then reweld it. Wanting to see if you guys have any ideas. 

234A4F84-EFCA-48C9-96D4-F3D8A0398392.jpeg

Once I had the fender, fender extension and valance in place and ready for final alignment and tightening, I couldn't get all three aligned perfectly. I had to get then to where any one area was not too obvious of misalignment and called it good. These car panels were not aligned very good when new. 

I had tried the washer already. I looked at my other fender and I saw where it didn’t have any gap between the inner bucket and the fender at the bottom. The fender that didn’t fit has an 1/8” gap. I drilled out the spot welds and moved it to match the other one and now it lines up perfect. Thanks for all the suggestions. 

E360A158-9B42-4470-9185-D1C6595DD68A.jpeg