RobotMan

Window Trim Clips

I need to install window trim clips for the front windshield and rear window trim. I’m not 100% sure of orientation. Also I only have original pins on the A pillars of the front window. So here are my questions:

1. Do I have the original clip in the picture installed correctly?

2. Is the new screw clip (shown beside original) positioned correctly?  Do you position it all the way down on the inner ledge?

3.  How many clips across roof edge on front window and rough locations?

4.  How many clips up quarter panels edges and across roof edge on rear rear and rough locations?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Rick

55D79E98-CE66-4EAF-B723-D1727725BD9B.jpeg

31E7C814-ACE2-4F41-B7B9-EFABF0D15427.jpeg

u need to locate the pin from the top edge down. In most cases it may be sitting on bottom and some cases not. If you get the clip to far down you will not get it to snap in with the window in. If it is to far up the trim will be sticking up past the roof edge and trunk filler and etc. I did know the measurement but so long ago  I am not positive but I think it was just under 1/2 inch like maybe .450 thousandth of an inch taken from center of pin to top edge of window opening when using original glass but some repo glass is different thickness. When I put my pins on the quarters I installed the trim with out the glass to make sure it was level with the top of the car.  Some cases the rubber gasket will hold the trim up to far to snap in also so be aware of that. If u have an original pin on the car now u can measure from top to center of pin this will give u a starting point. 

1 hour ago, mustangstofear said:

I would bring the green clip up, but I also would never use that type of clip. The problem is you would never be able to replace them without removing the windshield.  

The light colored clip is original.  The dark clip is a screw on type.  What other options do I have other than a screw on clip at this point?  The car is already painted.  On a side note I installed your 1 pc headliner and it looks great!

Thanks in advance,

Rick

On 6/9/2020 at 12:18 PM, mustangstofear said:

We have them and the clips. 

In the video you talk about the tip on the tube and a patent in progress- do you have that worked out yet and one can assume that you intend to sell the tips? 

On 6/11/2020 at 2:35 PM, Mach1 Driver said:

In the video you talk about the tip on the tube and a patent in progress- do you have that worked out yet and one can assume that you intend to sell the tips? 

That was a joke LOL.  I just cut a piece of a coat hanger and taped it on the tip. 

1 hour ago, mustangstofear said:

That was a joke LOL.  I just cut a piece of a coat hanger and taped it on the tip. 

Care to give us more details? Like how big an opening and how far does the coat hanger stick below the opening? Any pointers would be appreciated.

9 hours ago, Mach1 Driver said:

Care to give us more details? Like how big an opening and how far does the coat hanger stick below the opening? Any pointers would be appreciated.

I have 2 tools that  cut the tips,  and another one that puts the v notch in it. I  could pre cut one and send it to you for free  :)

On 6/8/2020 at 6:52 PM, mustangstofear said:

I would bring the green clip up, but I also would never use that type of clip. The problem is you would never be able to replace them without removing the windshield.  

What color is that?

Was there some type of gasket installed before you set the windshield in place? I thought the 69's didn't have a windshield gasket.