Hux

Rear Valance Fit

Hi all

I have a genuine rear valance but have replaced rear quarters and tank drop offs.

The valance is a service part that was on the car but was held in place with a couple of tack welds so no idea if the shape has altered.

The flange of metal where the quarter and tank drop off join is too long and holds the valance proud of the panel.  Neither of the two panels is longer than the other so it’s not like one is the issue.

Does the flange just need trimming back?  

Thanks in advance.

E489E41A-C9D8-4D24-8E45-62720B15CF86.jpeg

I replaced both rear quarters on my car and the driver side putter fender. I had to trim the driver side pinch weld as you could tell it was clearly longer than the stock passenger side. Not it fits up nicely after making them match. 

5B3B9F37-5D59-46F5-A8CD-27F01CDB35B9.jpeg

Odds are somebody somewhere has an early Mustang where the quarters and valance meet without modifying, but I haven't heard about it. For those of us who like that joint at least close to acceptable, work needs to be done to the valance. Both ends of mine need work. 

9 hours ago, Kris said:

I replaced both rear quarters on my car and the driver side putter fender. I had to trim the driver side pinch weld as you could tell it was clearly longer than the stock passenger side. Not it fits up nicely after making them match. 

5B3B9F37-5D59-46F5-A8CD-27F01CDB35B9.jpeg

Thanks Kris

The pic is helpful as I can see where the flange has been trimmed at an angle to match.  Such fun working with repop parts - NOT

12 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Well ,that isnt going to help fit a valance ,!

[EDIT:] Nope, so the mods deleted it :)

What did I miss out on....damn I love a good wind up

Mine was mostly aftermarket.  I did have to grind down the pinch weld flange to my the valance fit.   The quarter panel was original, but the trunk and back panel with new, not OEM.