Kris

Rear bumper fitment issue

I’ve been finishing up my sanding / filler work and fitting all the panels before I get the car painted. I went to test fit the rear bumper today now that the rear body is complete. It seems like the lower points on the quarter end caps at the bottom are keeping the bumper from going in far enough. It sticks out around 1” from the body.  The bumper is a reproduction but the quarter caps are originals and everything else on the rear fits perfectly. Has anyone else had this issue? I’m sure I could cut the lower non visible section of the quarter cap off and it will fix my issue but in my mind I shouldn’t have to. I will try to take a picture later this evening or tomorrow.  

Maybe a stupid question but are you sure the mounting brackets are attached correctly? Here's a pic of my bumper - re-pop bumper with original end caps. I still have the original bumper in good shape (but bad chrome) and the re-pop is a good match

IMG_1098.jpg

Yeah mine looks like yours so I guess it’s correct. It just looks bad to me. When I got my car the bumper was already removed so I didn’t see how it fit. Most of the pictures I have seen online it fits tight against the end caps. 

People rework the bumpers to achieve that tight fit and its been a trend throughout the car community for a few years cause its a cleaner,  better look . What you see in the pictures above are normal rear bumper gaps.

Thanks for the pictures Brian. That’s what mine looks like. Just thought the gap was to big based off of pictures I’d seen online. I guess those have had the bumper or mounts modified to pull it in tighter.