Sign in to follow this  
SHELBY69

Need help w a steering box pls

Just got her back from shop. The box is garbage, I’m sawing all over just to go straight. Worse than my 1960 Caddy Eldorado.  Does anyone make a close ratio box for the 69 ? Thanks

B4ADA3C9-31E8-4EBC-A122-1CA81762C84C.jpeg

Chockostang is the go to guy. I've used 2 of his rebuilt boxes, and my brother has 1. Is yours a 14:1 ratio box? n any car of value like yours, I'd have him rebuild your box, assuming it's original, rather than exchanging yours for a rebuild. But use the sector and worm gear from a power steering box that gets little wear. 

Dan and Carol are great people, who only work on Ford stuff. 

http://www.chockostangclassicmustang.com/

10 minutes ago, SHELBY69 said:

Thanks, Good luck in CA.

Hahaha! Ya, siblings, kids, grandkids, and the weather keep me here. I'd have already moved to Hamilton TX if not for that. 

I was looking at background in your pics and was wondering where abouts you live. Looks real nice there. 

I dont know what this lock down thing is ,i have been every where in the last couple of months ,had more work than the last two years ! The only thing i notice is a bunch of people wearing masks for some reason ,and giving me dirty looks because i wasnt wearing one