Blue70coupe

Engine oil leaking out of pcv and breather valve

Hey all,

I have a crate Ford 306 with about 3500 miles +/- on it and I've been having a strange problem. When. The engine is idling, everything seems fine but when I'm driving it it seems there's oil coming out of both he pcv valve and the breather cap. I replaced both thinking one or other could be the problem, but the problem still exists. I did an old change a few months ago and put 400 miles on it since. Any ideas of what could be causing so much pressure that the oil is leaking out or how I could possibly fix this?

You need to run one of the two valve cover breathers with a PVC valve to the carb base/vacuum port.   Run the other one to the air cleaner base.  That should solve your problem.

Open breathers will spit oil under deceleration and hard downshifts.

1970 429 SCJ PCV and Coil Bracket ETC - Ford Mustang Forum

SO after calling my efi manufacturer, it turns out I needed carb spacer with pcv port as it was not getting enough vacuum from the air cleaner. But now I noticed that my oil pressure is at 35 psi when I am driving but when I come to a stop, the pressure drops down to 5 psi. I assume this isn't good, am I wrong?