newstang

Scott Drake 5 leaf spring issue

Ok, so i bought the scott drake 5 leaf HD springs and had to use a 2" lowering block to make the car closer to ride height, problem is one side is 1-¼  difference in height on each side.

has anyone had this issue? what springs are correct for these cars?

Are you sure the issue is with the springs? Lay them side by side to see if they have a different arch. If not swap them side to side to see if the ride hight moves with the spring. This all assuming you tightened the mounting bolts with full weight on the suspension....

3 hours ago, jmlay said:

Are you sure the issue is with the springs? Lay them side by side to see if they have a different arch. If not swap them side to side to see if the ride hight moves with the spring. This all assuming you tightened the mounting bolts with full weight on the suspension....

yep defiantly the springs, they actually sat the car up about 4" until i dropped it 2" 

they say its 65-73, but there is no way these springs will fit all those years correctly.

what springs does everyone use to make the 69 vert sit at stock height?

Don't forget you have to loosen the shackles and front eye bolts from spec and drive a couple of miles for things to settle down.  Then tighten everything to spec while resting on its suspension.  At that point, if you still have that amount of height discrepancy, then it's either the car or the springs.

6 minutes ago, Midlife said:

Don't forget you have to loosen the shackles and front eye bolts from spec and drive a couple of miles for things to settle down.  Then tighten everything to spec while resting on its suspension.  At that point, if you still have that amount of height discrepancy, then it's either the car or the springs.

I’ll give that a try. Thx

5 hours ago, newstang said:

gave it all a once over, its defiantly springs.

there is also no reason that i should need a 2" drop on these.

What springs is everybody using to bring it to stock height?

May be they need some time to settle. What was wrong with your stock springs?

I would go with Eaton instead of off shore junk with inferior steel that will fatigue. They've made OEM springs since the early 1900s and will even do custom springs if you're so inclined. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjJwvDQg7vpAhVhUN8KHaCRBTQQFjAAegQIGxAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.eatondetroitspring.com%2F&usg=AOvVaw3vWKnwCsGlfwhvVgphf_iW

1 hour ago, Mach1 Driver said:

I would go with Eaton instead of off shore junk with inferior steel that will fatigue. They've made OEM springs since the early 1900s and will even do custom springs if you're so inclined. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjJwvDQg7vpAhVhUN8KHaCRBTQQFjAAegQIGxAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.eatondetroitspring.com%2F&usg=AOvVaw3vWKnwCsGlfwhvVgphf_iW

Thanks! 

I ll order from npd in the morning

On 6/3/2020 at 6:42 PM, Ridge Runner said:

Set them on the floor side by side ,see if one is taller 

on the floor the height is equal, one is longer so im assuming that will make one side higher. Must be cause the eatons are level.