Convertible69

Sanderson shorty headers FC4

Hello, sorry if this topic has been beat to death. I was reading other posts about the problem I’m experiencing. I have a 69’ convertible with a 351C, 4-speed toploader, stock power steering, & a Magnaflow 2-1/2” exhaust. The engine has been completely rebuilt but not fired yet. 
I took the car to the exhaust shop today & as you probably know, the passenger side was no issue, but the drivers side is “ Tight “. Does anyone else have this combination & if so, what did you do to correct it without changing headers or spending a fortune? 
I’ve seen they make a 1” drop bracket for the slave cylinder, which might help me gain some room, but they can work themselves loose over time. I’m open to ideas & suggestions. Thx!!

86785D84-F449-4EC3-AF83-CEA2E0243622.jpeg

8AF4ABF4-10FA-4F74-AB73-E882EAB9DB2E.jpeg

E8CE619F-17AF-4ACA-B2CA-7E802715D974.jpeg

Adding to this post: my main problem is the location of the Z bar. I’ve read multiple posts on various forums & a few people have mentioned that a 289 271 hipo z bar will work. Apparently it’s shaped a little different than what I have pictured above & will not be in the way of connecting the exhaust. Does anyone know for sure if this is true before I purchase one? Has anyone used this on their car? Thanks!!

UPDATE: I found this diagram showing different z bars. Has anyone used a different shaped z bar in their 69’ with power steering & a 4-speed toploader?DC59C02A-63A3-40FC-81D3-CE3BE155CDF1.thumb.png.7c2cf099f2cf24af7a47fe37db75afb6.png

I see you haven't been active on this forum in almost a year, but I am wondering what you ended up doing for the exhaust?

I just ordered Sanderson FC4s for my 70 Mach 1 with factory P/S and I am trying to figure out a game plan on how to best route the exhaust over the P/S ram.

@70 Mach 1 if ur experiencing what vert69 is having in the photo, you'll need a ps ram drop bracket, do not get the regular steel ones as they tend to break/bend which could damage the frame rail.

I have long tubes, with a an external hydraulic clutch from Modern driveline and the drop bracket clears my headers, never seen shorty headers not able to clear the stock mount ps ram.

I currently have this installed: https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/e5h21.html and had it welded in a few areas so it wouldn't flex on the frame.