SWPruett

Fit of Repop Quarter Window "Boomerang" Moldings?

Wanted to reach out to those that have recent experience with the reproduction quarter window moldings that are out there.  I have finally exhausted my inventory of original molding and wanted to see what the 69-70 fastback community has to say about the fit of the new stuff.  Anyone have any pros/cons to share?  Thanks in advance!

9 hours ago, JET 445 said:

I bought some repro's, had to put them over my knee and carefully bend them to the right shape but they ended up fitting quite nicely. It was a bit scary bending them because I thought they might break.

Thanks for the feedback!  What supplier did you go to for these?  Bending trim always makes me pucker up a little.  Not a fan!

2 hours ago, det0326 said:

I used after market ones and they fit well. They were purchased through dynacorn not sure who made them.

Thanks for the response!  Any bending required like Jet 445 mentioned above?  

Hey Terry

Coming along really well. All under carriage rebuilt, running gear in, body painted. Working on hood and deck strips now. Hope to be done this summer. 

Have you started on your Mach 1 yet? 

Yeah I just machined the old antenna base to accept a power antenna and still retain the stock rectangular stainless cap, so it looks stock. Some wise-ass kid had broken off the antenna. Its difficult to get anything done during the Covid crisis, since they consider me an endangered species and I can't go out to get anything- it all has to be delivered. I've been trying to get a pedal and gun for a blast cabinet but the supplier (Tacoma Company) has been shut down for three months and they still haven't come up for air. I just got notice yesterday that Little Machine Shop is back up and running and put in an order for some tools there. So I'm proceeding slowly and won't be able to go back out in the wild until June 12 or so according to our governor.