Hi all, 

I've seen a few posts on this subject but I just wanted to clarify before I commit to a paint code. 

I've resprayed my 69 coupe stock lime gold. But had a miscommunication with my sprayer about the colour for the interior of the door. He painted them lime gold instead of black. I only just caught it in the video as I'm not able to see the car in person

My question is ...

Firstly is there a moulding for below the door card, or is the paint sprayed directly on the door panel (this was the case when I bought the car)? 

Is the paint code for the interior door panel lower and upper 'charcoal black poly' Ditzler#32586? I'm having trouble decoding the 69 paint chart. My interior is completely black, 2A black kiwi vinyl. 

Note: the door in the image is a '70 but I believe they are quite similar and it's the only clear photo I could find.

Any photos of members Mustangs would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers Paige

1969mustangcolorcodes.jpg

1969-ford-pg02.jpg

Screenshot_2020-05-01-12-42-31-152_com.android.chrome.png

I'm assuming standard interior. The accient color starts just above the smooth section and is painted down to the door seal. I will post pictures for a car with green at the bottom of the door for ref.

Not sure what happened to my pictures so will try again. I believe this car was a green interior thus the darker green on the lower door.

91D65E53-7993-4F50-A700-A118309B88D9.jpeg

659BACDD-CBA7-4A7D-B590-E6F3FE652A45.jpeg

CD676215-B8DE-4042-902C-20B39EACEAB9.jpeg

ED030E65-2727-4C74-8CB7-7C8F164062C1.jpeg

Casey, I am curious about this also. My 69 Coupe has the standard interior & was wondering if the lower part of the inside of the door below the door panel is body color or interior color?. Before this 69 Coupe I owned a 70  a 69 Coupe & can not remember how they were painted, then again that was back in the late 70's & my memory is not what it used to be. I have seen them painted both ways, to match the interior color, & to match the exterior color.

I have a pair of Sage brown 70 doors which appear to have original paint, the bottom of the doors are light brown. I have an originally yellow 70 vert with black standard interior, the door bottoms are black. A 69 in lime gold with standard black interior, door bottoms are black.

I posted a question on Concours Mustang Forum about my yellow 69 Coupe w/standard black interior & the answer was "it would be the painted the dark charcoal metallic like most of the other painted surfaces ". I think It could also make a difference what the exterior color is & the assembly plant it was built in.

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the input. It seems that there is a lot of variability out there. 

I'm pretty comfortable now with the charcoal black painted on the door panel. As I really love the all black interior. 

@jmlay I really appreciate your photos for reference thank you. This is what my doors looked like pre spray. 

@Caseyrhe thanks for your photo, it was ideal to see what my doors could look like with fixtures back on.