Sign in to follow this  
GSEninja

Interior Pieces for the Fastback

Looking for some help on the interior pieces...

I have THESE, but no idea where they go

I need THESE, but no idea who makes the best "re-pop"? Reviews on CJPP make all of them look like garbage, leaning towards THESE from Stang-Aholics

Also want the one piece headliner (only because glass is already in), but not sure which to go with.

TMI - I do not like the UNISUEDE and I'm not sure how the VINYL will look.. has anyone installed either? Do you have pictures, or can you comment on the fitment?

MTF - I do like the MTF version, but I can't justify spending $200 more

Are the one piece headliners insulated? will insulation fit?

Thanks!

The parts you have are for the fold down seat so they go in behind the part you dont have.  You can see the cut out in them for the latch mechanism.  They are really only exposed when the seat is folded down.   There is another part which goes down below the rear window above the trap door area. 

It is more apparent when you see a picture of an assembled sports deck seat that is folded down.

I used the TMI one piece vinyl headliner and havent had any issues with it.  Plenty of headspace and very easy to install, did it by myself with some clips and through open doors windows down.  They dont come insulated but you can put it underneath, best bet is dynamat or something similar.  I got I for the same reason, cheaper cost and free shipping over the MTF part. You'll have some haters chime in, but everyone has their opinion hahaha.

17 hours ago, GSEninja said:

Also want the one piece headliner (only because glass is already in), but not sure which to go with.

Thanks!

Ya, I was flummoxed on the price, until I installed it. Imo, since I'm 6' 2-1/4" it's the only way for me from now on. I can't say enough good things about MTF headliners and their people on the phones. 

The MTF headliner is not insulated. I put 2 layers of self stick stuff on the roof. 

I'The 69-70 headliners are larger than the 65-68 so they require a larger sheet of ABS to make, hence the higher cost. ABS will also last a lot longer than soft fiberglass with no change of separation between the suede and the backing. I've explained numerous times the cost to ship and of our headliners is 200.00,  but we absorb 150.00 of it.  This is considered oversized,  recently the freight company says their wider than the scanners allow and have tried to charge us an additional 1,000.00 on top of the 200.00. Keep in mind TMI has next to nothing in the cost of their headliners,  and dealers cost is only 130.00.

On 4/28/2020 at 8:09 PM, GSEninja said:

I have THESE, but no idea where they go

I need THESE, but no idea who makes the best "re-pop"? Reviews on CJPP make all of them look like garbage, leaning towards THESE from Stang-Aholics

TMI - I do not like the UNISUEDE and I'm not sure how the VINYL will look.. has anyone installed either? Do you have pictures, or can you comment on the fitment?

Thanks!

Here's a video you might want to check out. I think it gives a good comparison between the two headliners you are looking into. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6IfYyROguA

Never noticed those folding seat trunk trim pieces.  Do they block off the trunk well in the quarter panels?  Would it make a good trim piece for a non-folding seat car to dress up the trunk?

5 hours ago, Machspeed said:

Here's a video you might want to check out. I think it gives a good comparison between the two headliners you are looking into. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6IfYyROguA

This is exactly what I needed, thank you. 

8 hours ago, mustangstofear said:

I'The 69-70 headliners are larger than the 65-68 so they require a larger sheet of ABS to make, hence the higher cost. ABS will also last a lot longer than soft fiberglass with no change of separation between the suede and the backing. I've explained numerous times the cost to ship and of our headliners is 200.00,  but we absorb 150.00 of it.  This is considered oversized,  recently the freight company says their wider than the scanners allow and have tried to charge us an additional 1,000.00 on top of the 200.00. Keep in mind TMI has next to nothing in the cost of their headliners,  and dealers cost is only 130.00.

I appreciate the explanation. I'm glad Machspeed posted the video above, I couldn't find a comparison anywhere and there was nothing on your site about the competitions quality. I wish the youtuber above would have posted a testimonial on your site.

2 hours ago, TexasEd said:

Never noticed those folding seat trunk trim pieces.  Do they block off the trunk well in the quarter panels?  Would it make a good trim piece for a non-folding seat car to dress up the trunk?

Solid question. Can i still use them if I dont have the fold down seat?