Sign in to follow this  
69Stanger408

Power steering issues

I have the Total Cost Involved (TCI) Mustang II coil over set up with power rack and pinion. Also have the CVF Racing Wraptor front runner system with their GM type II peanut power steering pump that flows 2.4 gallons per minute (GPM) with a remote reservoir. TCI said there is no need to reduce pressure, said as long as system is less than 3 GPM the mustang rack will do just fine. The  pressure & return line is 5/16" power steering line with AN fittings. From the remote reservoir to the pump return is 10 AN. The inlet and outlet in the remote reservoir is 5/8 NPT. front tires are 10.5 inches wide. I can't seem to get this to work for more than 20 feet. Bled the system with wheels off ground, lock to lock till no air bubbles. Lower the car, start it, turn lock to lock, verify no air, all is well. Drive to end of driveway, try turning wheel and it's extremely difficult. On the road appear to be fine until I come to a stop, Same issue, won't turn when still. Bring it home, raise wheels, re-bleed, but no air bubbles present. Lower car, turn lock to lock, no issues, all is fine. Get to end of driveway, same issue re-appears. No leaks anywhere. CVF Racing just sent a new pump, swapped it out, same issue. TCI is sending a new rack this week. I'm at a loss, can't believe it would be the rack but everyone is standing by their product which is nice. Any suggestions?