having a bit of a problem with the egn switch,  after a few days i go to start the car,  i have to play with the key in switch working back and forth,  after minutes of trying it finally kicks over,  pretty sure its the orig switch.    when i first had the problem,  i could go and jump the cyl  with key in run position,  and it starts up.  i have a new switch assy,  how hard is it to change?,   i'm old so i can't bend like use to,  probly take a younger person,   any way any thoughts?,  thanks     jerry

34 minutes ago, geraldchainsaw said:

having a bit of a problem with the egn switch,  after a few days i go to start the car,  i have to play with the key in switch working back and forth,  after minutes of trying it finally kicks over,  pretty sure its the orig switch.    when i first had the problem,  i could go and jump the cyl  with key in run position,  and it starts up.  i have a new switch assy,  how hard is it to change?,   i'm old so i can't bend like use to,  probly take a younger person,   any way any thoughts?,  thanks     jerry

1969 or 1970, the ignition switches are different between them.

I just had the same problem. New switch fixed it. removing the key part from the switch is easy but there is a trick to it. If you have a shop manual it shows how to do it. I would post the instructions but I'm not near my manual.

@geraldchainsaw You remove the front bezel while holding the switch from the back. They make a special tool to remove the threaded part of the bezel, but you can cut a piece of sheet metal to size and use it to loosen the bezel. After you remove the bezel and pull the switch out from under the dash a little bit, you pull the connector to remove it from the switch. To remove the lock/tumbler from the switch, you put the key on, turn it and insert a paper clip to the small hole you see on the face of the lock and push it in. The lock will come out with the key attached. Install the lock into new switch by pushing it in and click into place. Install the connector to switch, position the switch in the hole on dash, align the small alignment tab of the bezel and screw the threaded part of the bezel. 

The aftermarket switches are not known to be of high quality, so I remove the back of original switches (the black bakelite piece with pins which the connector attaches to), clean the oxidation on the copper contacts inside, put die-electric grease and close it up and use them.