Machspeed

I Need To Vent

On 4/23/2020 at 7:43 AM, mustangstofear said:

Do you have a PayPal account  ?

On 4/24/2020 at 5:38 AM, Machspeed said:

Yes, why?

So... is it your Yahoo account for this site?

On 4/24/2020 at 11:29 AM, Machspeed said:

Yes! And, if you scroll down just a littler further in that passage,  you'll find this:  “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal."

This Mustang of mine is very dear to me and sometimes I wonder about that. It was my first car, my father helped me acquire it and I have good memories with it. I turned 60 at the beginning of this year and I've not driven it since 1983. It was weird turning 60, no other birthday has bothered me as much as this one. Knowing that most of my life was over with and wondering how much I have left and thinking about what I have and have not done. Lots of thoughts.  One of those thoughts was would I ever drive the Mustang again. Would I finish it before I pass this life. I think about those thoughts and the above scripture and think that perhaps I put too much into something that I will leave behind one day. I saw this the other day while I was feeling sorry for myself, "life is not about what we consume, but what we give away". Thanks for giving, Rich!  

I am very sorry to hear this and feel your pain.  It turns my stomach to think that this could happen. I also, can identify with your over 60 thoughts... well put. In my case i am 62 and dealing with a progressive medical issue and wonder every day if I will remain healthy enough over the next few years to finish my car and drive it.

It may be a little too late, but I strongly suggest...

You should check the storage facility and your local police and find out if there were any other reported thefts at that facility during that period. If not then, your unit was potentially targeted and not just picked at a random. That might help you narrow down who the perpetrator might be.

Keep an eye out locally on facebook for someone posting about the "new" TKO trans and suspension parts, or on craiglist for sale. 

Call your insurance company and ask if your policy would cover your belongings if you stored them outside the home and inside a storage unit. Ask to be directed to that part of your policy and read it in detail.  See if there are any items the current policy won’t cover. typically cash and jewelry are not covered by tenant insurance, for instance. 

Find out if you need to take out a separate rider on your current policy and what that will cost you per month to cover your unit.

Finally, change units. The thief now knows where to find your stuff and add the rest of you valuable stuff to you homeowners or tenant insurance policy.

Sorry bud, that super sucks! Hopefully Karma has noted that she owe's you one... a big one.

This is probably obvious too but be sure to file a report, even if it seems hopeless. If shithead happens to get busted on something unrelated, they may be able to link goods/him back to your case even years later. Might be worth heading over to reddit.com legal advice and at least ask about any options https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/

Good luck and chin up sir! Don't let him get you down twice! F**k that guy

Also keep your eye on craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, ect. Check daily and document everything suspicious!

15 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Actually happened to a friend a couple of years ago, tried to open his storage unit and the lock had been replaced ,he lost everything for his 65 fast back . I think they replaced the cut lock so it wouldnt look suspicious with a lock missing  

Yep! And, I was targeted. As hard as I tried to guard against people seeing me go in and out of there, someone saw me. I have suspicions as to who but that goes nowhere without proof. Daily I check Facebook, Craigslist, and ebay. I'll probably never know who, but eventually this person will get what is coming to them.