Sign in to follow this  
Flanders

adjustable transmission crossmember?

So I've just put in a lovely set of Ron Morris adjustable engine mounts so that I can give myself a bit more clearance for my header install.  However, physics tells me that the transmission also needs to move with the engine, so I need to move the transmission mounts over just a touch as well.  I haven't gone out and checked, but is there much play in the stock transmission crossmember for this?  Or am I going to have to bore out the holes a bit?  351W with 4-spd toploader if it makes a difference.

I need to move things over by 1/4" so I'm not too concerned about the u-joint operating angle (plus, honestly the car doesn't get driven hard or much).

thanks for the tips, I'll see if I can loosen everything up and see if it will move a bit.

Are you moving it over for good, or just while installing headers and such? My tranny mount has some clearance side to side. If you move the motor over a quarter inch, you should be able to move the trans 1/8" over, which imo would suffice.