edwardthomson51@yahoo.com

interior firewall insulation options

I used Dynamat, with the 1/4" Dynaliner on top. Same for the roof. On the floors I'm using the 1/8" Dynaliner ontop the Dynamat. Not driven the car yet, but No doubt it's going to be a lot quieter inside.

37969129001_3980cc8e05_b.jpg

37938699822_d88290db5c_b.jpg

I used the stuff they insulate forced air heating and cooling  ducts in industrial buildings.  I am not sure what it Is called.  It is about 1/4 inch thick, has a metal shield like Reynolds wrap on the outside and a sticky surface on the inside.  

One of the big benefits of the Dynamat is the metallic top layer.  This reflects tons of heat from coming through the floor and walls that original insulation does not have.  For that reason alone it is far superior.  It is easy to work and install, but good luck ever getting it off once you put it on. I didn't know about the dynaliner, and now I am kind of jealous of fvike.  I haven't done my roof, so maybe I can use that there.  Materials like Danno has used also have this IR reflective coating.  My recommendation is that whatever you put in should have heat-reflective material in it. 

Dynamat has the added benefit of significant noise dampening as one of its primary features.  I also lined the inside of the outer skin of my car doors with dynamat to hush the tin-ring you hear when they close - it's makes a real difference! I'd like to do the same thing on my hood, but haven't figured out a good way to close it out for looks - the dynamat logo on a sometimes wrinkly reflective surface is not something I ever want to look at.

Edited by JayEstes
typo

I used a Dynomat style sound deadener/heat barrier as the others mentioned

In other areas of the car I have used the heating duct insulation that Danno mentioned.  It is cheap compared to the Dynomat.  You can get it a Lowes or Home Depot.

301115777_entireinstall.thumb.jpg.3770edcbbe6332932d5f9c5c0f9b2aeb.jpgzi used