Midlife

Projects pending pandemic

On 5/8/2020 at 7:23 AM, latoracing said:

When I'm not working, I'm working on our next large project...

stakes.thumb.jpg.a68f4718fbf1dd0ca92224453aa07e3b.jpg

... downsizing the house and upsizing the shop. No more raking leaves in the fall, YEAAAAA!!!

Niiice! So I take it you're building new??? Same area Mike?

2 hours ago, RPM said:

Niiice! So I take it you're building new??? Same area Mike?

Yes, all new. It's just up the road a few miles, outside the city limits. Pretty close to swapping the building's square feet for house square feet. Existing house 2800 sf., 1500 sf. building. Going to build a 1500+ sf. house and a 2400 sf. metal building. (40 x 60). No subdivision, no city taxes, lots and lots of grass, much better.

1 hour ago, latoracing said:

Yes, all new. It's just up the road a few miles, outside the city limits. Pretty close to swapping the building's square feet for house square feet. Existing house 2800 sf., 1500 sf. building. Going to build a 1500+ sf. house and a 2400 sf. metal building. (40 x 60). No subdivision, no city taxes, lots and lots of grass, much better.

Sounds like utopia. 1500 sf is plenty for 2 adults. 2400 sf might be a little small though :)  Good luck, and keep us posted. 

14 hours ago, mustangstofear said:

We're thinking of doing something similar in  Florida:)

Wow.... seriously, Rich! Move your whole business and such to Florida??? That's a major life change.

15 hours ago, latoracing said:

Good for you, Mike! Wished I could do the same thing. My two kids are moving on and I'm stuck with a big house that I won't be fully utilizing. And, my shop is wayyyyy too small.   

Michele is into these Barndominium's now, so we're pricing a 54 x 104 to work on the Bronco's and add living Qtrs on. Florida has lots and lots of restrictions down there. Doing the same thing here in Indiana or South Carolina will cost at least 150,000 more.