Sign in to follow this  
Silverjade

Oil Pressure Sender

image.png.48c2b566c9eaf3f32be4f70104c21604.png

Had a question on changing out the sender. With the 351 and power steering, it looks like I need to either unbolt and lay down the power steering pump or actually drain and disconnect the lines, which I am loath to do. My mechanical skills are not quite up to the level of my peers on this forum.

The whole issue has come about because of a low gauge reading. I have read many posts about the lack of accuracy of our gauges circa 1969, but the temp and fuel both are exactly where they have always been, the oil is disturbingly low. 

Thanks for any input.  JIM

hello there

Yep 69 = Windsor Ontario

Stock pump, one rubber or flexible line and one hard line,  no idea if that is a proper setup. It does work.

Gauge was fine for years and now shows uncomfortably low oil pressure.

Thanks

You may have to remove the belt and possibly the adjusting bolt also to get the pump to swing away far enough.

Yeah, it is unlikely that the sender is causing it to read low, and the new senders are not exactly the same as the old ones, so it may cause your gauge to read even lower or slightly higher. If you are seriously concerned about it, rent an oil pressure gauge from oreily or somewhere or buy one from harbor freight etc, or even better, just install a real gauge setup.