Rcodenewf

70 convertible underhood wiring question

I've searched quite a bit on this and there seems to be discrepancies as to where the wires should follow.
Does the engine gauge feed and coil wire run up along the drivers or passenger valve cover?
Secondly some say the alternator feed wire along with the black main power feed and travel down to the headlight harness...there's no way this harness will do that. I replaced the aprons on both sides so i don't see any holes for the solenoid wires to clip to on the passenger side shock tower/aprons making me think that they weren't fastened there when i removed it over 10 year ago.
The voltage regulator harness and the alternator harness are of course one harness. Branching off that is a blue 2 pin plug with a male/female.
Travelling from the cowl is the heavy black that goes to the + side of the solenoid. A red/black stripe that goes to the sta terminal of the solenoid. And also along with these wires is a two pin connector (blue) with a male and female. That plugin has a heavy black wire along with a green/red stripe and this plugs into the alternator harness.
I'm just wondering where to fasten/run these wires?

Theres a 3rd heavy gauge wire that travels out the cowl/firewall and gets attached to the underside of the strut brace and this ends up at the circuit breaker for the convertible top.

Finally does anyone have a pic of this breaker installed to show it's orientation. I have it installed with the studs facing outward. Unlike the original this scott drake replacement does not have any markings on it for power in etc.

Sorry to be longwinded...thanks...John

I can't definitively answer your questions, but the main power line goes along the passenger side cowl strut before attaching to the starter solenoid.  This was a very crappy design, as that branch of the underdash harness (yes! underdash) often dropped down to the headers, burning and shorting its way to oblivion.  Or...it dropped and got pinched as the engine slightly rotated and shorted out.  Whatever you do, ensure that this part of the harness is well secured and not in harm's way.

Hello Midlife.

By cowl strut you mean the support bracket/brace that bolts to the shock tower under the upper shock bracket and gets bolted to the firewall?

I see from the wiring schematics that the heavy black power lead for the convertible top switch goes along under that brace. 

John