mikeycoll

'69 Coupe Door Latch/Strike Issues

I have a 1969 coupe and I'm having trouble getting the driver side door to close completely.
See pic:

78ZhVC.png

I have installed a new latch and adjusted the strike as far as it will go in. I even cut away 1/8" of jamb where the screw holes are so the strike would move in further.
Could it be the new latch it was $50+-, I've seen other strikes on Scott Drake or AMD for $79+- is there a difference or is it just markup?
You can push the door in to make it flush but it pops back out.

35 minutes ago, mikeycoll said:

I have a 1969 coupe and I'm having trouble getting the driver side door to close completely.
See pic:

78ZhVC.png

I have installed a new latch and adjusted the strike as far as it will go in. I even cut away 1/8" of jamb where the screw holes are so the strike would move in further.
Could it be the new latch it was $50+-, I've seen other strikes on Scott Drake or AMD for $79+- is there a difference or is it just markup?
You can push the door in to make it flush but it pops back out.

Did you check to see if the catch locks twice? Might be that it locks once and not twice causing the gap.

On 4/3/2020 at 1:33 AM, mikeycoll said:

Move the strike out! Brilliant! I never would have thought of that. Thanks Shep69 and 69RavenConv it worked.

Glad it worked for you mikey. 

It did my head in when I had the same issue years ago . I was lucky enough that someone on this forum helped me out as well.