Flanders

intake manifold coolant fitting?

There's a 90 degree fitting on top of my original intake manifold that connects to the heater core pipe.  

Is there a part number for this, or were can I source a new one.  Threaded on one end, small lip on the other end.  I was going to re-use my original one on the new intake, but it's a bit banged up plus I it's in the stock manifold so tight I'm not sure it's ever coming out.

17 minutes ago, Flanders said:

There's a 90 degree fitting on top of my original intake manifold that connects to the heater core pipe.  

Is there a part number for this, or were can I source a new one.  Threaded on one end, small lip on the other end.  I was going to re-use my original one on the new intake, but it's a bit banged up plus I it's in the stock manifold so tight I'm not sure it's ever coming out.

Is this what you are asking about? Make sure it has the right thread.

Fantastic. Thanks folks!  

the threads in my intake manifold are the same as the threads on my original coolant temp sensor (5/8" diameter hole), so not quite sure if that's going to screw right in. I'd have to get an adapter fitting too.  At least I know what to search for now, thanks!

edit: can these be found at a plumbing store or anything?  I'm going to need one that's a bit 'taller' to clear some of the edges on the manifold.  Kind of like this:

https://www.cjponyparts.com/90-heater-hose-fitting-1968-1970/p/HHF4/

Not at a plumbing or hardware store.  A good auto parts store like NAPA might have something.  Summit Racing has a larger selection of NPT to hose fittings.  You can probably find a fitting that will work without any adapters.  I ended up with stainless steel fittings from Summit Racing.

For an aluminum intake manifold, a stainless steel, aluminum, or brass fitting is a better option than a steel fitting.

lol dagnabbit, this one isn't going to work (can't even thread it in, won't rotate around the throttle body!).  I'm piecing together a few brass pieces now, hopefully doesn't look too bad.  I might end up just plugging this thing and bypassing the heater.  Just need something reliable to plug the water pump outlet -- I see on here that the rubber plugs aren't a reliable solution.  Not sure if I want more make-busy-work of putting in the marine water pump that has no heater outlet yet...

20200418_212617.jpg

17 minutes ago, Flanders said:

lol dagnabbit, this one isn't going to work (can't even thread it in, won't rotate around the throttle body!).  I'm piecing together a few brass pieces now, hopefully doesn't look too bad.  I might end up just plugging this thing and bypassing the heater.  Just need something reliable to plug the water pump outlet -- I see on here that the rubber plugs aren't a reliable solution.  Not sure if I want more make-busy-work of putting in the marine water pump that has no heater outlet yet...

20200418_212617.jpg

Can you put one or two 90 degree elbows between the fitting and intake?

I had interference issues also.  I used a AN style 90 degree "push on" elbow.   See pic below.  The lower part of the 90 is a AN fitting female nut.  It allows the 90 degree elbow to rotate, then you tighten it in the position you want.  In the manifold you use a AN male to NPT male fitting.

I rotated mine to the rear.  Worked great.

OIP.jpg

InkedIMG_4058_LI.jpg