Sign in to follow this  
ralt962

One Horn Works

I read through the other threads on horn issues.  This might be related.  I have an aftermarket 3 spoke deluxe interior wheel on my 69.    

I can plug in either one horn or the other and they work.  But if I plug in both I get the hollow clunk.  My guess is too high or resistance somewhere in the system.  

Likely culprit is the resistance in the wheel rings?   When I dig in should I get pretty much zero resistance?

I saw threads on relays.  Better option?

37 minutes ago, ralt962 said:

I read through the other threads on horn issues.  This might be related.  I have an aftermarket 3 spoke deluxe interior wheel on my 69.    

I can plug in either one horn or the other and they work.  But if I plug in both I get the hollow clunk.  My guess is too high or resistance somewhere in the system.  

Likely culprit is the resistance in the wheel rings?   When I dig in should I get pretty much zero resistance?

I saw threads on relays.  Better option?

With the horns disconnected, you should get the exact same reading as you do when you touch both ends of the meter together.

You can also put power from the battery to the horn wire with both horns connected and see if both honk.

A fire?  That does not sound good.  Is it from an overload of the circuit thats not fused properly?  A relay sounds like a good idea.  

Looks like a 64 Part number.   

Found this part number in NPD   C4AZ-13853-A

I unplugged one horn.  The other works.  I'll leave it that way until I can install this relay.

thanks for the help!!