Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I did more cleaning and sanding before giving the inner passenger side engine compartment a fresh coat of paint.  While I was on that side I cleaned and polished the original chrome valve cover as best as I could get it. It will do for now.  I also replace the battery cables with the correct cables from AMK. The positive battery clamp appears to be the wrong one because it's to small to fit the post.

32256706-9455-4DF5-83E9-D0AE229CA69D.jpeg

842323F5-0051-4E34-A373-0A16A35A8177.jpeg

59501183-CF31-41FA-B80B-7F08DB7451E9.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2020 at 6:10 PM, MorganLeBlanc said:

I reinforced the cross brace which is an old Ford trick for Trans Am Racing. While I was underneath I did some cleaning and detailing. 

cross brace 1.PNG

cross brace.PNG

Cross brace three.PNG

Nice work. Like the attention to detail... the paint marks, etc. I added the the first reinforcement plate, but I have never heard nor seen the second oval plate added before. Does the oval plate make it hard to get to the eccentric bolt?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rick, The oval plates were my idea, just a little more strength while I was doing it as well as a a little more protection. the plates clear everything. the only issue is the grease zerts are blocked by the plates but in 5 minutes I can have the bar off and grease the zerts once a year.  thanks for your comments, I appreciate it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jam, I am using Eastwood Chassis Black on the smooth surfaces as for under coated areas I am using Summit RAcing Rubberized Undercoating. I will hit any rust first with Eastwood rust encapsulator.

F8A3DD7A-10F7-425D-BA75-9E11758414BB.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well how about an update on the 69 Mustang. I am working on replacing the brake lines, to get to those the power booster had to come out. There is no way to make removing a booster a fun job. Once that came out I removed the brake line, and at the point I was wondering this was a good decision?  I moved forward and removed the brake lines and this clean and sanded to engine compartment panels. Next I primed and painted the panels. 

I sanded and painted the booster.

Moving onto the front support brace.  Clearly damaged wonder how that happened. Thinking a fender bender. But I was able to straighten and weld the cracked metal. Never enough time in the day to do all that needs to be done.

Side note; got my Wilton vice finally mounted. I love classic tools.

6BA8A0A1-101B-4900-AC79-61A56F4F0F39.jpeg

D3CE8D0C-2682-4FEE-A585-2CCEDB827F61.jpeg

3F391F7E-75C4-4611-9E58-1DBA1E18294B.jpeg

86A48903-032D-4839-ADA3-0AFB7E2FF2C2.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...