copb8

Rear Seat Back Cushion to Back Plate Attachment

Hello All,

I'm finally through chasing the bigger ticket items on my car and now I've become the Rattle Hunter to quiet things down a bit.

I found a big source of noise coming from the upright rear cushion on my back seat. It is loose against the backing plate but I can't figure out how it's attached to the backing plate. I'm able to loosen the backing plate from the body and swing the whole assembly forward into the cabin but I've looked for screws and pulled up and down to try and detach the cushion but with no luck. Any direction would be appreciated.

BTW, I don't have the sport-shelf seat option however I was surprised that the rear panel was still on hinges and folded forward after removing the top trim strip that holds it to the package shelf.

Sure enough, previous owner hadn't got both sides clipped into the upper 'hooks'. One side was just flapping around with the loop clacking against the hook. Disassembled and reassembled and now it's has tight as a tick. Thanks.

So now it's on to the next rattle.....