stangman69

Paint recommendations?

Gang - 

I'm looking for some paint recommendations for several areas: underhood and chassis and floorpans / other interior.

I had previously painted the engine bay using Rustoleum rattle cans and while the finish turned out to my liking, it doesn't seem to have been very durable.

I had also painted the floorpans using Rust. primer brushed on and again, it doesn't seem to have held up in some places.

I'm leaning toward Eastwoods Extreme Chassis Black over their primer for pretty much everything.  I like the idea of one product and it comes in aerosol as well as brush-on so I can get into and onto surfaces that might be harder to spray.

I'm not building a show car but a sunny day driver.

Thoughts?

Nate

Spray an epoxy primer over bare cleaned metal. I sprayed SPI red epoxy on the engine bay, undercarriage, floors and trunk,  but they have gray and black as well. The epoxy is impervious to most things that remove other paints. Then spray your eastwood chassis black, or your sound deadner over it, or you can leave it exposed. I used Eastwood chassis black over epoxy on the engine bay in the pic below.

20200126_200716.jpg

20200126_201053.jpg

Mike, never heard of the MasterSeries products before. From their site it sounds similar to POR15 & KBS. I use mostly KBS and Eastwood. I still have some POR15 but I find KBS better and I usually receive my order within 2 days. I want to second Barnett, spray bombs don't cover as well as gun sprayed paint and usually don't provide enough protection. Anytime I've used spray bombs and didn't apply many coats, the finish and protection was short lived. Just not economically feasible.