Sign in to follow this  
edwardthomson51@yahoo.com

new floors on 70 coupe ..need to know where to drill new hold for parking brake cable?

new floors with no hole for parking brake cable with foot pedal on a 70 coupe

looking for spot to drill hole ....how many inches from side and how many inches from bottom bend in floor would help ..

or do i just drill straight under pedal unit????

i have orig ford manuals and picture doesnt help at all..

As far as I remember, the parking brake goes through the toe board (not floor) into torque box and comes out of the torque box outside of the frame rail buy the gas line. There is a channel (like a slide) inside the torque box that guides the cable.

6 hours ago, edwardthomson51@yahoo.com said:

ILL TAKE ANY PICTURE YOU CAN POST HERE.......THANKS   ED

Looks like you got some good pictures with dimensions. The pictures latoracing posted looks like they are for a vert as it has additional inner rocker used on verts (or may be coupe or fastback he added the vert inner rockers).  Use the dimensions from Casgar's pictures. On latoracing's first picture, you can see the 2 holes close to the frame rail on the torque box; inner hole (round one) is for fuel line,  outher hole (D shaped) for parking brake cable (with a channel for the cable).