v8ford70

Convenience group engine bay light info req

Just inquiring if anyone has an original Convenience group under hood engine bay light fitted to there 69/70.If you would be able to send see some photos of where it is mounted & where wiring goes from it,it will be very much appreciated .Please PM me if it is easier to forward photos.Cheers Phil

Attached here is a photo of a hood light which is similar to the one I have from PO.Any photos of where it is mounted under hood & routing of wiring would be very much appreciated.

s-l1600.jpg

I'm reasonably sure the underhood light is not part of the convenience group, nor was it a factory installed part on our Mustangs. The convenience group included a trunk light, map light, and illuminated ignition switch.

I have read, and believe it to be true, that underhood lights could be purchased through Ford Parts and Service departments and installed by a dealer or an individual at home. 

Some of the more upscale Fords probably had them, so they were easy to source.

My 70 Grande has map light, foot well lights that come on with roof light, trunk light that comes on when trunk is opened but no ignition switch light (which is for only 69 I think) and no hood light and I don't remember a hole under the hood for attaching the light. 

I was hoping that someone here may have one of these installed under their hood ,convenience group or dealer or themselves installed.If the light that is in my above photo is not from under hood where else could it have come from in my 70 Grande? Cheers Phil

I think Midlife is on to something. I googled the "13796-A" number printed on your wire and found several references to dome lights, such as this one

CODF-13796A

Dome/Courtesy light

Fits vehicles... 
60-62 Galaxie
63-64 Galaxie except body #57, 63, 76
60-65 Ranchero
62-65 Fairlane
60-65 Falcon
60-65 Comet

I think that you all are right (always great knowledge on this site) when I Googled Ford Part Number DOZB-13796-A (which is on the wire of mine)  it came up with an advert with the photo that I posted above & said that it was a NOS 1970 Ford Mustang Under Hood Light Boss OEM Engine ... so I assumed advert was correct. Midlife would you have any photos of one of these fitted as a dome light? Cheers Phil

I have found alot of great info on the internet,and have found & bought many hard to get parts off Ebay for my Grande eg NOS chrome roof trim for my 2/3 Vinyl roof which is not reproduced & nearly impossible to find,Original Deluxe steering wheel for $35 US.....There are many recognised Mustang parts suppliers that sell through Ebay.I have had more positives than negatives from both of these sources.Living in Australia I thank God for modern technology computers & the internet for finding out info.Cheers Phil