signorc

Valve adjustment question on sbf 302

Hi Barnett,

Thanks for the disk/drum mc difference! Very clear and thorough :)

i'm gonna try my friend's booster....it comes with a 15/16" bore mc (I currently have a 1" bore)..... so comparing it to mine.......I'll be getting more boost and a smaller bore.  I can only assume it should do the trick.

I'm gonna have to try to adapt my current mc lines to the new one without kinking them.  

Thanks again for your (& everyone else's) suggestions and comments

1 hour ago, signorc said:

Hi Barnett,

Thanks for the disk/drum mc difference! Very clear and thorough :)

i'm gonna try my friend's booster....it comes with a 15/16" bore mc (I currently have a 1" bore)..... so comparing it to mine.......I'll be getting more boost and a smaller bore.  I can only assume it should do the trick.

I'm gonna have to try to adapt my current mc lines to the new one without kinking them.  

Thanks again for your (& everyone else's) suggestions and comments

xlnt, just be very careful when you take it out for a test drive the first time.

Hi everyone from the same old lockdown Italy.....

Installed the new 8" double diaphragm with the 1" bore mc and I can FINALLY lock the front wheels! 

I had to take the front brace off cause the booster wouldn't fit in between the brace and inner fender.....but it's all good now!

Tomorrow I'll adjust the proportioning valve amd I think the last thing to do is wait for the lockdown to end so I can take it for a drive :)

On a side note.... things are not looking any better here in Italy.  The summer beach activities and retaurant outings don't look like are gonna happen in 2020.

Stay safe and I hope you're all doing well.

All the best, Paul

4 hours ago, signorc said:

Installed the new 8" double diaphragm with the 1" bore mc and I can FINALLY lock the front wheels! 

I had to take the front brace off cause the booster wouldn't fit in between the brace and inner fender.....but it's all good now!

Tomorrow I'll adjust the proportioning valve amd I think the last thing to do is wait for the lockdown to end so I can take it for a drive :)

That's great news, however, it is better if you use the brace, so maybe you can modify it, or eventually get the right booster.

...sorry I didn't explain myself well.  I removed the brace and then reinstalled it. I even use a crossmember being I have a convt and want as much stability as possible.  

I even had the lower cross bar reinforced and strengthened.  I bought a rear sway bar years ago but they sent me the wrong one :(