MN69Grande

Corona Planning

I've come up with the following plan to deal with the Corona Virus.

I'm telling my wife we need to practice 'social distancing' and I'll be in the garage for the next 6 weeks.  I've stock piled all the major supplies of shop towels, pumice soap, and beer (probably Dos Equis).  I've moved the big screen into the garage for news updates and old Chevy Chase films.  And she should be on the look out for emergency supplies that will be marked Summit Racing, Jegs, CJ Pony Parts, and NPD.  With a little luck and some time the car and I will get through this pandemic with some decent upgrades completed.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Working my butt off ,no chance of running into someone sick . I will not be leaving my shop for a couple of weeks easily . This thing has made business triple for some reason ,i guess people figure this is a great time to work on their Mustangs . Bad thing is ,i have to work !

I wondered if anyone else was worried about the response to this silliness.

Folks around here are acting like its an outbreak of Ebola and people are dying in the streets.

Zombie apocalypse has arrived.

Except for toilet paper we're prepared.  Who'd have though TP would be a hot commodity?

Does it seam a little sus to anyone else that 5 people get the flu and the Corona is immediately identified and that it came from eating bats, then a city of 11 million people are immediately quarantined. A big reaction for an unknown flu with symptoms not much different from every other flu.
How much money is there to be made from rushing a vaccine to the market without the normal clinical trials knowing that every country in the world will buy as much as you can provide. Just saying.
Not to mention the devastation to the rest of the worlds economies. Who would benefit from that. Just saying.

With companies failing over this, they are a cheap purchase for the Chinese. Looks all a little to much of a coincidence to me.

22 minutes ago, RPM said:

Good 'ol Don McLean. Full disclosure, I once owned a 95 Suburban,  so...

Thats ok, i own a 72 nova SS and i can truly say CHEVY SUCKS! 

the more I work on it the more I realize there is not one f'n thing chevy has done right.

Long Live FORD :-)

On 3/24/2020 at 2:12 PM, newstang said:

Thats ok, i own a 72 nova SS and i can truly say CHEVY SUCKS! 

the more I work on it the more I realize there is not one f'n thing chevy has done right.

Long Live FORD :-)

just look at this, friggen chevy. I just put the ORANGE engine back in. its only about ¼ from the firewall. Who the hell puts a distributor in the back of an engine !

IMG_3877.jpeg

18 minutes ago, newstang said:

just look at this, friggen chevy. I just put the ORANGE engine back in. its only about ¼ from the firewall. Who the hell puts a distributor in the back of an engine !

Yeah but its got that nice little door you can lift up to adjust dwell with a meter- ya gotta admit that's much better than using a feeler gauge!

32 minutes ago, Mach1 Driver said:

Yeah but its got that nice little door you can lift up to adjust dwell with a meter- ya gotta admit that's much better than using a feeler gauge!

na, went pointless :-) 

1 hour ago, mustangstofear said:

We just had a guy that we went to Church with die yesterday. They still live here in Rochester,  but stay in Ft Meyers in the winter, that's where he died.  He was 67 and in good health.  

that is a shame.