Shep69

Holley or Edelbrock

IMO without changing at least the CAM both of the carbs are more than you engine needs.  If you aren't planning any more upgrades I'd go on the lower side with the Eddie.   If a CAM and Mild - Medium heads are in the future I'd go with the Holley 570, this is plenty of carb for most 302 applications.  But another option that might save you money is a Holley 2300 2 bbl.  These can be had with 500 CFM and you wouldn't need to change your intake.

If you want to see what you are running now - look at your stock carb you can find out the venturi size and then use the below to determine what the factory CFM is.

"These following numbers are for Motorcraft/Autolite carbs. This number can be found on the side of the float bowl, right behind the accelerator pump rod, inside of a circle. The number on the right corresponds with the cfm rating on the left. Thanks to chas1234 for these numbers. The first numbers are the venturi size, the second is the corresponding cfm.
These numbers are for 2BBL carbs only.

Number = CFM
.98 = 190
1.01 = 240
1.02 = 245
1.08 = 287
1.14 = 300
1.21 = 351
1.23 = 356
1.33 = 424" - this is from a truck forum but same parts on our cars https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/116072-autolite-motorcraft-cfm-ratings-and-general-info.html

My guess is in the middle somewhere since the same carbs were used on bigger engines than 302s (like 400s) which would need more CFMs.

1 hour ago, MN69Grande said:

IMO without changing at least the CAM both of the carbs are more than you engine needs.  If you aren't planning any more upgrades I'd go on the lower side with the Eddie.   If a CAM and Mild - Medium heads are in the future I'd go with the Holley 570, this is plenty of carb for most 302 applications.  But another option that might save you money is a Holley 2300 2 bbl.  These can be had with 500 CFM and you wouldn't need to change your intake.

If you want to see what you are running now - look at your stock carb you can find out the venturi size and then use the below to determine what the factory CFM is.

"These following numbers are for Motorcraft/Autolite carbs. This number can be found on the side of the float bowl, right behind the accelerator pump rod, inside of a circle. The number on the right corresponds with the cfm rating on the left. Thanks to chas1234 for these numbers. The first numbers are the venturi size, the second is the corresponding cfm.
These numbers are for 2BBL carbs only.

Number = CFM
.98 = 190
1.01 = 240
1.02 = 245
1.08 = 287
1.14 = 300
1.21 = 351
1.23 = 356
1.33 = 424" - this is from a truck forum but same parts on our cars https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/116072-autolite-motorcraft-cfm-ratings-and-general-info.html

My guess is in the middle somewhere since the same carbs were used on bigger engines than 302s (like 400s) which would need more CFMs.

Thanks for the info MN69Grande .

The motor already has an edelbrock intake and i have no plans to upgrade the cam or heads . Its currently got a edelbrock 650 cfm carb on it. Im thinking this is a bit overkill so just wanted to get some advise before I folk out more coin .