newstang

OK, this is freaky !

Oh lets all give the main stream media a big hand for the wonderful job they've done whipping up the populous over Corvid 19. Yeah !!! Now don't be cynical, they didn't do that just for ratings. No, I'm sure they didn't. And of course its all Trump's fault, after all... everything is. A 12% drop (to date) in the market is trivial and we should all be happy to contribute that to their ratings. Your 401k won't miss a few thousand dollars. Well maybe it'll be 20 or 30k, (or more) but that's all right.

News is propaganda and journalists are activists with a platform.

Look at the numbers people, and turn the damn news off. If as much attention were paid to the flu there would be world wide pandemonium. Its numbers are far worse. This will pass. Wash your hands, cover a cough, and use common sense.

The regular "flu" is out there every year, people die.  

This Corona virus thing is a dis-proportionate response fueled by media hysteria.  

For more factual information, The CDC publishes flu numbers on a regular basis.   See link below.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

We need to think like the Brits...   "Keep Calm and Carry on"   

Or, chill out and have a Corona.

2 minutes ago, mustangstofear said:

Have you been searching for pillows? You know  Google tracks you :)

if you watch tucker, every commercial break is my pillow. i will never buy one because of the badgering.

This reaction is so out of proportion to the risk it is mind boggling. In the US there are a little over 1600 confirmed cases and 37 deaths out of over 300 million people (per Fox News last night). The stock market has lost 2.8 trillion. It is ALL from media exaggeration. The lying bastards. A whopping .0000123% of the US population has died from corona virus. Do the math: move the decimal over two to the left and multiply 0.000000123 x 300,000,000 = 37. THIS IS INSANE. This hysteria hurts the country far more than the virus. This is really really bad. I'm not saying its not dangerous, after all- people have died, but this is just plain stupid hysteria. Use common sense.

I know the number of deaths will go up, and so far we have 37, but 49 die each year from lightning strikes in the US. I don't personally know of anyone that was hit by lightning, but I know it happens.

6 hours ago, Mach1 Driver said:

This reaction is so out of proportion to the risk it is mind boggling. In the US there are a little over 1600 confirmed cases and 37 deaths out of over 300 million people (per Fox News last night). The stock market has lost 2.8 trillion. It is ALL from media exaggeration. The lying bastards. A whopping .0000123% of the US population has died from corona virus. Do the math: move the decimal over two to the left and multiply 0.000000123 x 300,000,000 = 37. THIS IS INSANE. This hysteria hurts the country far more than the virus. This is really really bad. I'm not saying its not dangerous, after all- people have died, but this is just plain stupid hysteria. Use common sense.

I know the number of deaths will go up, and so far we have 37, but 49 die each year from lightning strikes in the US. I don't personally know of anyone that was hit by lightning, but I know it happens.

I don't really know how it's over in the US, but I don't really buy that all of the stock market loss is because of the media. I mean China closed many of the trade routes, and I don't think they really care what the US media is telling everyone.

I also don't necessarily thing the total number of deaths is a good indicator of how severe a disease somethig is. The mortality rate, or deaths per infected is more interesting, and the speed of which it spreads. Since no one is vaccinated against it it can run free and spread at a exponentially higher rate than a normal flu. That means that the health care is in risk of running over its capacity, which can result in more deaths from the desease and indirectly result in worse care for everyone else. Covid-19 have a global mortalty rate at something like 3%, which is MUCH higher than a normal flu, but if you add a health care that is working on 200% locally that rate is significantly higher. Italy is a good example (in a bad way) with a mortality rate at 5% at the moment. Some of that also seems to be partially atributet do an overall high average age in the country too, but still. Though I agree that it's abit blown up, but severe nonetheless.

12 minutes ago, Casgar said:

I don't really know how it's over in the US, but I don't really buy that all of the stock market loss is because of the media. I mean China closed many of the trade routes, and I don't think they really care what the US media is telling everyone.

I also don't necessarily thing the total number of deaths is a good indicator of how severe a disease somethig is. The mortality rate, or deaths per infected is more interesting, and the speed of which it spreads. Since no one is vaccinated against it it can run free and spread at a exponentially higher rate than a normal flu. That means that the health care is in risk of running over its capacity, which can result in more deaths from the desease and indirectly result in worse care for everyone else. Covid-19 have a global mortalty rate at something like 3%, which is MUCH higher than a normal flu, but if you add a health care that is working on 200% locally that rate is significantly higher. Italy is a good example (in a bad way) with a mortality rate at 5% at the moment. Some of that also seems to be partially atributet do an overall high average age in the country too, but still. Though I agree that it's abit blown up, but severe nonetheless.

I called my uncle in Italy today and he said 1000 dead already from this. But  I asked him how many from the flue? He didn't know, I think it is far more but no one reports that/

The stock market is affected by bad or good news. Stocks dropped to half, but they will go right back up shortly.