Sign in to follow this  
Flanders

Mounting ECU (Terminator) location

I'm in the processing installing a Holley Terminator ECU (which is why I have a few other active threads on various topics here!).

I'm curious where others have mounted their ECU, assuming someone else on here has done this!  I don't want the passenger to kick it, and I don't want to remove my stock heater box.  I'm debating mounting it in my glovebox (somehow) but I still need to route a massive jumble of wires into the engine bay somehow.  I'll post my install once I get it all done, but I'm hoping to get some opinions and experience first!

Hello

I have installed a Pro Flo 4 EFI in my 69 :

- The ECU is mounted in place of the glove box

- The main engine harness is run through the stock engine harness hole that has been enlarged

- The O2 sensor harness is running trough the heater hose hole : heater box still in place but not used

ECU.jpg

I recommend to mount the ECU inside the cabin to protect it from heat - the PF 4 is also bluetooth controlled so the connection with the tablet/phone is much better.

High heat and humidity are  ones of the major reason for a ECU to fail

Thanks for the pics!  I think I'm aiming to have the harness cable come out from the passenger side of the transmission tunnel (close to the firewall).  I was going to make a little metal mount for the ECU in my glove box, but after playing around, I found that a few standoffs seem to work really well!

20200306_200128.thumb.jpg.e6d71bdd6319195ed7bcf02a81ec10b7.jpg

Done!  I'll post pics once it's all done in the car later.  The one mounting hole in the ECU case is lined up with the hole for the glove box latch.  The others needed a hole drilled.  Easy peasy.  I still have access to the hinge screw holes too, so this will fit nicely.

20200306_200142.thumb.jpg.9688e525804c808c79c5fba62b5d71f9.jpg